While underliner was a thing of the ’90s, it’s also alive and well in 2019. If you’re looking to make an impact, kick it up a notch with eyeliner that’s a little less country and a little more rocker-chic.
1. After evening out the complexion with Glo Skin Beauty Satin Cream Foundation, I lightly contoured my face with their contour kit that includes two contour shades and two highlight shades that create depth and dimension to the face.
2. On the eyelid, I applied Glo Skin Beauty Cream Stay Shadow Stick in Beam as a primer, and to create a soft shimmery sheen. Next, using Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Liner in M10, I drew a cat eye on the upper lid, using my lash line as my guide. I started thin on the inner corner then slightly winged it out on the outer corner. Using the same pencil, I feathered on a line along the lower lash line, then with my Nadittude Angled Liner Brush, I connected the two lines on the outer corner.
3. I brightened under the eyes with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage #3. This is my go-to concealer. It’s lightweight and comes in a wide range of shades for all complexions.
4. This look is all about the eyes, so I kept the blush colour very neutral and opted for MAC Melba. It offers a hint of coral-peach undertones.
5. To create a golden glowing finish to the skin, I used MAC Prep+Prime Fix Face Primer in Goldite. I finished the look by applying Glo Skin Beauty’s Naked lip gloss on my lips for a sheer and natural finish.
6. The finished look.